Global HR research states that candidates referred by existing employees of an organization are significantly better than those hired through other sources because the referrer usually knows the candidate well, and exercises judgement in referring only good candidates to the organization. Also, existing employees are able to convey useful information about an organization’s culture and work processes to prospective employees, thus ensuring that candidates self-select the organization only if there is a culture fit.
The Channelplay Employee Referral Program (CERP) is designed to incentivize Channelplay employees to look through their networks and refer suitable candidates for opportunities at the company. The following guidelines apply to the CERP.
- Referral bonuses are only awarded for new hires that have not worked at Channelplay in the past. Referral bonuses are not awarded for returning (“boomerang”) hires.
- The first channel through which recruitment team receives a candidate’s resume will be the official source recorded and sole beneficiary of any prizes and/or incentives. This source will be considered the official referrer for a 6-month period, during which time that referral is considered a referral for all positions at Channelplay - not solely the position to which candidate was referred.
- Channelplay employees will receive a referral bonus payout on the first pay date after your referred hire has been with Channelplay for 90 days (or the closest pay date after the 90-day mark.
- The referred hire and Channelplay employee must be employed with Channelplay after 90 days to receive referral bonus.
- Channelplay contractors or temporary staff members are not eligible to receive employee referral bonuses or incentives.
- Channelplay employees cannot receive a referral bonus for recommending or referring contractors or temporary staff members for full-time employment.
- Referrals for an internship position are not eligible for referral bonuses; however a bonus will be paid out to the employee if the intern receives and accepts a full-time offer.
- HR and Recruiting team members are not eligible for referral bonus payout.
- Managers are not eligible to receive a referral bonus for openings within their own organization structure due to potential conflict of interest. Managers are encouraged to submit referrals to close positions within their team with the best possible candidate; however they will not receive a bonus payout.