Almost all salaried people contribute a certain percentage of their salary towards their Employee Provident Fund (EPF) account every month. While most of us know that EPF is an effective tool that helps generate a corpus for life post retirement, many of us are unaware that you can make a withdrawal from your EPF account for urgent cash requirements.
However, an EPF account cannot be treated like any other saving bank account implying that there are certain specified criteria under which withdrawal is permitted from an EPF account. An individual needs to furnish all relevant documents and satisfy the necessary requirements in order to be eligible for premature withdrawal of EPF.
Following are the condition(s) for PF Withdrawal as an Active Employee:
- The employee should have completed 5 years on duty
- Only 'Employee Contribution' can be claimed
- Under no condition, the employee is eligible to claim 'Employer Contribution' or Pension Fund'
Here are the categories for which an employee may claim PF advance/ loan:
- Education or Marriage Purposes
- Medical Treatment
- Purchase of a plot
- Construction or purchase of flat or house
- Repayment of home loan
To claim PF Advance/ Loan, attached form needs to be filled as per the below mentioned situation:
- With Employer Intervention: Form 31
- Without Employer Intervention: UAN Based Form 31
- Related to acquisition of Land: Form 31_Declaration along with Form 31