Using the Outlook Web App (OWA)
1. Download the OWA app (not the Outlook.com app) from Google Play or iTunes store.
2. Open the OWA app.
3. Tap continue.
4. Enter your full email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
and password and then tap sign in.
If you are told the app “couldn’t find your settings,” tap the advanced button and complete these fields:
User name: Enter your full email address (i.e. email@example.com).
- From the Applications menu, select Email.
- Type your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, and your Password.
- If you would like this to be your default email account on your mobile phone, check the box marked Send email from this account by default.
- Tap Next.
- Select Exchange account.
- Enter the following account information and then tap Next.
- Domain\Username: Your username: email@example.com
- Password: Use the password that you use to access your account.
- Exchange Server: outlook.office365.com
- Email checking frequency: The default value is Automatic (push). When you select this option, email messages will be sent to your phone as they arrive. We recommend only selecting this option if you have an unlimited data plan.
- Amount to synchronize: This is the amount of mail you want to keep on your mobile phone. You can choose from several length options, including One day, Three days, and One week.
- Notify me when email arrives: If you select this option, your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new email message.
- Sync contacts from this account: If you select this option, your contacts will be synchronized between your phone and your account.
On iOS (iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch)
- If this is the first e-mail account on this iPhone,
iPad, or iTouch, tap Mail.
Otherwise, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Tap in the E-mail box and enter your full e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Tap in the Username box and enter your full e-mail address again.
- Tap in the Password box and enter your password.
- Optionally, tap in the Description box and enter a short description for the account (for example, UNL).
- Tap Next on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap in the Server box and enter outlook.office365.com and then tap Next.
- Tap Next.
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronize. By default, Mail, Calendar, and Contacts are all turned on. To turn off synchronization for a type of information, tap and slide the switch to OFF.
- Tap Save.
- If you're prompted to create a new passcode, tap Continue and enter a numeric passcode. You'll need to enter the passcode twice.
If you tap Close, you'll need to configure your passcode in the iPhone Settings application before you can view your information on your iPhone.
BlackBerry Service Prerequisites:
- Enabled for Office 365 BlackBerry Service
Please note the following known limitations:
- The initial mail sync is 5 days or 200 messages (the lesser of the two). This is by design from BlackBerry and is not able to be changed at this time. Your BlackBerry will store as much mail as you like after this initial sync.
- Messages already stored in folders are not viewable on the BlackBerry – this is also by design from BlackBerry and is not able to be changed at this time. However, after your BlackBerry is connected to your account, any messages you move to folders will be accessible by your BlackBerry.
Web Based Setup
This can be completed on any computer. We recommend using Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
- Go to: http://go.unl.edu/blackberry .
- Sign-in with your My.UNL account user id and password.
- User ID: Enter your full email address (e.g email@example.com).
- Password: Enter your password.
- Under the Home page, click Create an Enterprise Activation Password.
- Type a password of your choice – make sure to note this password as it will be used in the next section.
- Click Log Out.
- On your BlackBerry, select Options.
- On the Options screen, select Device or Advanced Options
- If you’re on the Device screen, select Advanced System Settings.
- If you’re on the Advanced Options screen, continue to Step 3.
- On the Advanced System Settings / Advanced Options screen, select Enterprise Activation.
- Complete the following items on the Enterprise Activation screen:
- Email: Type your full email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Activation Password: This is the password you entered in Step 4 on the web based setup
- Select Activate
- If this is the first time you’ve turned on your mobile phone, select New Mailbox from the home screen. Otherwise, start the e-mail client by selecting the Applications menu> Applications> Mail.
- Select Create a new mailbox to start the setup wizard.
- Accept the Nokia terms of service and tap Start.
- Select Mail for Exchange from the list of available account types.
- Enter your account credentials. Select the Mail address box and enter your full e-mail address, for example, email@example.com.
- Tap the Password box and enter your account password.
- Tap the Username box and enter your user name, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tap the Domain box and enter your domain. exchange.channelplay.in
- Tap Next to continue.
- The setup wizard will attempt to automatically set up your e-mail account. If this process can’t be completed automatically, you’ll need to enter your Exchange server name manually. Tap in the Mail for Exchange server box, enter your server name (outlook.office365.com), and select Next.
- Tap OK when Mail for Exchange informs you that it isn’t recommended to use multiple methods to synchronize your contacts with your phone.
- Choose whether you want to synchronize your Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks by selecting the appropriate options and then select Next. (Note: Tasks are called to-do notes on the mobile phone.)
- If there are existing contacts stored on the mobile phone, the setup wizard will ask you whether you want to keep the contacts on the phone or delete the existing contacts on the phone. Select either Keep on phone or Delete from phone. Once you’ve made this selection, synchronization will begin. It may take a few minutes for your messages, contacts, calendar, and task information to appear.
On Windows Phone
- If this is the first e-mail account you've set up on the phone, tap the E-mail tile on the phone's home screen and skip to step 4. If this is not the first e-mail account you've set up on the phone, swipe left from the home screen.
- Tap Settings and then tap E-mail and Accounts.
- Tap Add an Account and select Outlook.
- Enter your e-mail address (e.g. email@example.com) and password and tap Sign In. Windows Phone will try to configure your e-mail account automatically. If configuration completes successfully, skip to step 7.
- If your e-mail account can't be configured automatically, tap Advanced Setup. You'll need to enter the following information:
- E-mail address: your full e-mail access, for example firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password This is the password for your e-mail account.
- User name This is your full e-mail address, for example email@example.com
- Domain This is the part of your e-mail address after the @ sign, for example exchange.channelplay.in
- Server Enter outlook.office365.com.
- Select the Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection box.
- Tap Sign In.
- Press OK
Windows 6.5 Phone
- Tap Start > Messaging > Setup E-mail.
- Enter your e-mail address and password, and then tap Next.
- Make sure the check box Try to get e-mail settings automatically from the Internet is selected, and then tap Next. Your mobile phone will try to get settings from the Internet automatically. If this fails, tap Next. Otherwise go to step 8.
- For Your e-mail provider, select Exchange server, and then tap Next twice.
- Enter your e-mail address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org), and then tap Next.
- Tap in the Server box and enter your server name (outlook.office365.com) and then tap Next.
- Enter your user name and password, and then tap Next. Your user name is your complete e-mail address (for example, email@example.com).
- Select the check boxes for the types of items you want to view on your device, and then tap Finish.
- Tap OK when Exchange ActiveSync asks you to enforce policies on your phone. Policies let you configure a password on your mobile phone and use a remote device wipe to clear all data from your mobile phone if the phone is lost or stolen.
Your mobile device may or may not automatically connect to your mail account. Check these settings on your device.
- The username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The password: Your password
Incoming IMAP Settings:
- Server name: outlook.office365.com
- Port: 993
- Encryption method: SSL
Outgoing SMTP Settings:
- Server name: smtp.office365.com
- Port: 587
- Encryption method: TLS