Create an app password for Office 365
If you're using MS, you'll need to create an app password.
- Sign in to Office 365 using your password and verification code.
- Choose Settings > Office 365.
- Choose Security & Privacy > Additional security verification.
- Choose Update my phone numbers used for account security. This will display the following page:
- At the top of the page, choose app passwords.
- Choose create to get an app password.
- Choose copy password to clipboard. You won't need to memorize this password.
Tip: If you create another app password, you'll be prompted to name it. For example, you might name it "Outlook."
- Go to the app that you want to connect to your Office 365 account. When prompted to enter a password, paste the app password in the box.
To use the app password in Outlook
You'll need to do these steps once.
Open Outlook, such as Outlook 2013, or 2016.
Wherever you're prompted for your password, paste the app password in the box.