Inventory management process focus on management & control of inventory type, safeguarding of physical inventory, receiving process, distribution process, goods returned (Inwards) process, goods returns (outwards) process, stocktaking process, record keeping & information systems control.
Apart from security, control & maintenance, the process extends to controlling & disposal of unidentified, unused & unnecessary inventory.
- Only authorized persons shall have access to the store.
- No hazardous material shall be kept in the store.
- Any material which is not of any further use should be discarded immediately.
- Material inward and outward will be as per the mentioned process only.
- Any request for material retrieval should be made at least 1 day in advance, no immediate requests will be entertained.